Conduct marks will be given when students violate school-wide expectations. After receiving 3 conduct marks in a single class or an automatic (profanity, cheating, forgery, misbehavior with a substitute, misbehavior during emergency drills or other minor offenses that do not support the mission and vision of the school), students will receive detention. While this is a consequence, it is a low-level intervention. We ask for your support when detention is issued to your student.
- Detention will be held each morning at 8:00 AM, except on Tuesdays.
- Detention will be held in the science lab.
- If a student is absent on their assigned detention day, they are to serve detention the returning day of school.
- If a student misses detention, additional consequences will be served.
- If a student is late for detention, lunch detention will also be assigned.
- If a student has detention on the day of tutoring or a club meeting, they must attend detention.
- If a student misses detention, supervised study will be assigned. Supervised study is served in the in-school suspension room, yet it is not documented on the student's permanent discipline record.