Welcome to Ms. Silk's website. Here, you will find:
- A weekly calendar for 8th Academic Exploration: Facing History and Ourselves
- Information for my homeroom students
- A link to Clever which will allow students to access many sources we use at school
- Information about the 8th Grade Washington DC Spring Break Trip
Here is a little bit about me!
- 2021-2022 will be my 8th year as a teacher. I have been at Elmore Park Middle School since 2017.
- I have taught 9th grade world history, 7th grade humanities, 7th grade world history, 8th grade US history, 7th grade pre-Facing History, and 8th grade Facing History.
- I am a proud alumna of the University of Michigan, where I graduated in 2014 with a BA in History and a Secondary Education Teaching Certificate.
- I cam currently earning my MA in American History through Pace University and the Gilder-Lerhman Institute
- Originally from Boston, MA, I am a huge Patriots fan, but have come to appreciate the Grizzlies and Tigers now that I've been in Memphis for over 6 years.
- I spend almost all of my school breaks traveling. I travel to learn about myself, to learn about other cultures, and most importantly to bring the world to my students at EPMS.
If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com. Make sure to include your name and your class period (or your student's name and class period) at the beginning of each email so I know exactly who I'm corresponding with.
Have a great day and go blue!